Just a few ideas of how to use all the goodness you’ve got stocked up in the fridge.
- Make soup of your choice.
- Freeze extra –
- Frozen stock is great for cooking your favourite grains in, or making all kinds of sauces.
- Serve with fresh baguette, cornbread, cheese, sliced ham, or just let it shine solo.
- Take it for lunch the next day. Pack in a jam jar to avoid spilling and have a readily microwavable container (just remember to take the lid off before starting the microwave).
- Freeze any extra –
- Better than canned soup and almost as fast for a busy day.
- Eat for lunch with carrot sticks, sliced apple, tuna salad, and turnip pickles. (Use the pickles the way you would would crackers, and pile beets and tuna on top.)
- Breakfast of rice, chickpeas, beetroot purée and poached eggs.
- Spread over toast for an afternoon snack next to a cup of green tea.
- Warmed in a pan with beans (chickpeas, romano, or kidney) and topped with hard-boiled eggs.
- A crunchy finish for simple noodle soup.
- Next to roast chicken and vegetables.
- On a burger (veggie or carne) or sandwich of your choice.
- Mixed with greens and basic vinaigrette for a more substantial salad.